Sunday, January 5, 2014

L'Eau d'Hiver by Jean-Claude Ellena - Frederic Malle


L'Eau d'Hiver (Winter water) by Jean-Claude Ellena for Frederic Malle is a lovely clean, transparent, light, warm floral perfume. The heliotrope note is quite evident and it blows after a slightly citrusy opening which also welcomes the iris and the honey notes. On my skin it turns slightly musky and it seemed to be refreshed by a minty note. This is the kind of perfume that I would spray right after a relaxing shower or in a warm summery day. Every perfume recalls an image or an artist, but I am finding it quite hard this time. In my mind there are watery light colors, an abstract painting or a photography. The closest I can think of is a Rudolf Stingel painting.

Image source: Christie's



No comments:

Post a Comment