Monday, January 6, 2014

Vuarnet Ski Goggles: Sporty with style





Vuarnet is a French Eyewear company founded by the skier Jean Vuarnet, Gold Olympic medal in 1960 in the men's downhill, the first medal won on metal skis. That same year, Roger Pouilloux asked Vuarnet to collaborate in founding the legendary Vuarnet Eyewear company. 
I found a really cool vintage Vuarnet in a shop in London and I was curious to know a little bit more about this company. I really appreciate some iconic models, but I particularly liked these ski goggles. They have a lovely retro style with an additional contemporary verve which makes them absolutely unique, chic and cool in a subtle way. I am probably a bit nostalgic, but I love the logo. It might need a little refresh, but ... less is more and I absolutely love it! It also reminds me of the French National Ski Team by Moncler in the early '70.



Vuarnet VK1101, online shopping vuarnet.com/men



Moncler's uniform worn by the French National Ski Team, 1970
Image source: icon.panorama.it

No comments:

Post a Comment