Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pitti Fragranze 10


I just got back from Florence where I went to Pitti Fragranze, the perfume fair. That, was such a great experience. I went there as a visitor, so today it was the only day I could have access. 213 brands showing their perfumes, a great lecture 'The art of Jean-Claude Ellena, a Retrospective: 1974-2012' by Chandler Burr, famous perfume journalist for The New York Times, and a really nice exposition called 'Every bottle of perfume contains a world', with technical support from IFF – International Flavours and Fragrances. 
I really appreciated the exposition of essences. I finally had the chance to smell Neroli , Tonka Beans, Vetiver , Patchouli , Tubereuse Clary Sage, Immortelle, Ciste, Orris, Myrrh, Petitgrain... and it was a little dream that came true. I was pushing myself really hard to recognize essences in perfumes, but sometimes I just couldn't understand what Vetiver Essence, or Cardamom would smell like. A nice experience and opportunity for passionate people that want to discover and understand better this amazing world. It was really useful, as an introduction to the fair, I could finally recognize some essences with no hesitations. 
Couldn't ask for better experience.
Pitti Fragranze is a unique experience for passionate people. You can actually take your time smelling and understanding perfumes, you get to know the principales, or even the noses or the brands which are open to explain the concept between their brands, the stories behind each perfumes and to answer all the question that you might have. This was my first time there, and I am sure I will go back next year. I finally took an entire day for myself delving into fascinating stories and great scents. It's an entire world to discover, and the more I discover, the more I fall in love with the mysterious and seductive world of perfumes.
Soon to arrive, some posts about brands that fascinated me.



No comments:

Post a Comment