Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tobias Rottger





Tobias Röttger is a Berlin/London–based graphic designer. He works with and for various cultural and commercial clients. 

''Tobias Rottger’s recent rediscovery of a stash of old sketchbooks has been an eye-opener. ‘I’ve been looking and learning from my younger self’, he says. ‘I realised that I couldn’t draw the same character more than once – and so I turned to graphic design.’ His bold and playful work is influenced by a Dutch graphic approach, and he is currently working on producing a flexible system for a German music label enabling him to design and set up print data within just two hours, as well as working on an identity for ‘crazy’ fashion designer Haman Sutra. Meanwhile, throughout his studies, he worked at innovative German studio Hort – and even doubled up his thesis with some of the work he was already doing. ‘Somehow, I managed to trick my professor into letting me use this big corporate job as my final project.’' (Wallpaper*)

No comments:

Post a Comment