Sunday, September 16, 2012

Henrik Vibskov: travels


Vibskov's perfumes were not a surprise for me. I already had the chance to to smell their great Type B, Type C, Type D in Paris. Three unique and unisex perfumes, created by Givaudan laboratories, that take their names from the capitals that inspired these creations: Berlin, dark, woody and peppery, Copenhagen, marine and citrusy with a mossy woody base, and Damascus, balmy warm oriental with a light floral verve. Great presentation at Pitti Fragranze. I might say this because I am not an expert, but it was totally helpful to understand the different fragrances and to remember them. These perfumes are just perfect and I would totally recommend them to a person new to niche perfumery. Each of them have different personalities, and I believe pretty much every body could find a good one between these three. Personally I really like Type C and Type D, but I wouldn't say no to Type B. What impresses me about Type C is the unique freshness and interesting use of marine notes and citruses. I am not a fan of citruses, and I don't have any citrusy perfumes, but I would buy this one without any doubts. The citruses are not agressive, but they just give some freshness, like a fresh salty blow of wind on the Copenhagen seaside in a sunny spring day.




No comments:

Post a Comment