Friday, March 22, 2013

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle


So, before hopping on the plane back to Milan I had a couple of hours off and I went to Liberty, in London. I finally had the chance to smell some perfumes I was craving for! In particular, I tried Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle: the first of a series of collaborations with designers and artists. 
The opening is lovely. Fresh and lemony, sweetened by Vanilla and a touch of Geranium. The drydown is really different from mouillette and skin and, unfortunately, on the mouillette is much better. The perfume is cozy, elegant, not loud, but long lasting, sweet, woodsy and powdery. I believe it is an unisex easy to wear perfume which reminds me more of Dries Van Noten's store in Paris, than his style.
As said, on my skin it turned sweet and buttery and feminine. On the mouillettes it remains dry and some floral notes (geranium, jasmin) are still present. 
Have you tried it? What do you think about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment