Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fan Optics

When I was snowboarding this winter in the French Alps... ooh la la! haha All was fancy fine until I was bombing it down the slopes and landed on my face.... urrr and glasses.  I've had this pair of frames for the last couple years and felt like they were becoming my identity... the idea of getting a new pair was not overly exciting as I can be very picky when it comes to things like this.  But.... unable to see I had to bite the bullet and hunt around for a new pair, while wearing the broken ones taped together which wasn't really the London look I've been pushing.  So close to Covent Garden there is a wondrous candy store for optics called McClinktocks and low and behold I found my pair.  I was introduced to the brand Fan and fell in love with the Brock frame.  Its a British based company that makes all their handmade frames in England.  The brand was created in 2010 by graphic designer, Sarah Coburn and product designer Guillaume Furminger, since then the Fan Optics aesthetic has been formed with longevity in mind, focused on bringing quality, high finished and most crucially design led product to the independent eye wear market. SOLD!  fan optics





No comments:

Post a Comment