Friday, November 2, 2012

Gomma by Etro: for a classy dynamic man. Musk: a refreshing second skin.


I went to Etro's perfume boutique in Via Verri, Milan, and after smelling Greene Street, I took some time to discover some others of their perfumes. Vetiver is one of my favorites.
The picture above represents Gomma (rubber in italian) which I could discover today. It is a very masculine, plastic leathery perfume, especially in the opening. Inspired by a man who loves speed, this fragrance brings back in time: it reminds me of 50s motorcycles and leather jackets and bikes competitions. Bitter and a little spicy with an ambery heart. Good persistance and really classy, reminds me of my grandfather, not suggested to younger public.
On the other hand, I had the great pleasure of trying Musk. A really clean, close to skin perfume, with a good longevity. Elegant and sober, it takes on a walk through a fairy forest between musks, woods, lights and shadows. Interesting citrusy and a bit of flowery notes keep the cedar wood luminous and refreshing, over the gentle sensuality of musks and sandal wood. This goes right away into my wishlist of spring perfumes. 

Image source www.etro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment