Saturday, November 17, 2012

Séville à l’Aube by L'Artisan Parfumeur



Image source: www.flickr.com by Cris Camarena

Séville à l’Aube is the last launch of L'Artisan Parfumeur and I actually smelled it when it came out, but never really had the chance to write about it. But, two of my favorites perfume bloggers have already done it in a wonderful and always personal way, so I recommend to have a look at their thoughts and detailed descripitons: olfactoriastravels.com, thecandyperfumeboy.com. Today is the day, I am participating to a swap on perfumeposse.com and Seville is about to be swapped. Now, I feel sorry to let it go and I want to talk about it so I will have a trace of what I think about it in the future, but it's just not for me even if it's a really good fragrance.
Séville à l'Aube is inspired by The Perfume Lover book by Denyse Beaulieu. This is a story of a woman who goes to Seville during the Holy Week and despite the religious moment, she falls passionate in love with a spanish guy. This perfume is a poem around the Orange Tree with Petit Grain and Orange Blossom which vibrate together with a strong jasmine note, sweetened with beeswax and with a hint of darker incense. I couldn't relate the story at the perfume when I first smelled it, because I found it really flowery, luminous and sweet. I have to say that there's a lot going on now, at least in my head. I imagine this couple making love in the shade of a jasmine covered fence of an orange trees plantation at dusk, the sun is still over the horizon and the air is hot. The town is not far and it is possible to see the bell tower of the opulent church where the ceremonies of the Holy Week are taking place. A constant breath of incense comes from the city. The focus of what I am imagining is on the jasmine bush with a view on the orange field, some details make understand that a couple is having a fugitive love and there's spirituality in the air...which just a perfume can be able to convey.





No comments:

Post a Comment